TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Required ACME Roles for Organization (Account) management
- Adding Organization Categories
- Adding an Organization
- Editing Organization Information
Note: As you add individual Organizations to the ACME Back Office, it's important to think about what Organization Categories they will be part of. Discounts, for example, work by being associated with Organization Categories, not individual Organizations. Reporting, too, often happens through Organization Categories. In fact, Organization Categories are so important that you cannot add an Organization unless you have at least one Organization Category assigned.
Required ACME Roles for Organization (Account) Management
Adding Organization Categories
Organization categories are a critical component of organization creation. Organization categories can be used in reporting to group or filter content and also are used for creating discounts that auto-apply when an organization belonging to that category is selecting in the order creation process.
To create an Organization Category:
- In Back Office, Select Organizations>Categories from the navigation menu.
- Click "Create Category" in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Fill out the Category Name field
- Fill out the Description field (optional)
- Click Create Category
Adding an Organization
1. From the Organizations menu, select "Create Organization" in the upper right corner of the screen
2. In the "Create Organization" page, enter:
- Organization Name
- Organization Category (Account Category): if you have Organization Categories set up (see here), enter the relevant Category here. You can always come back and edit this later.
- URL (optional)
- Below this you will enter the information for your Primary Contact at the Organization:
- Phone Number
- Address: if the address for the Primary Contact is the same as the address for the Organization, click "Same as organization address" next to "Primary Contact Address".
3. Set Preferences for this Organization
- Payment Policy (Pay in Full or Deferred) Note: ACME recommends you set all organizations to Deferred to give you flexibility when you're creating orders.
- Require unique values for Voucher payments (yes or no)
- Order Confirmation delivery (include e-ticmkets or just the order summary)
4. Click "Create".
You will be brought to the "Edit Organization" page. Your Organization is now created!
Editing Organization Information
Often you will want to add information to an Organization's record. Your contact(s) may change, the organization may add locations, or you may want to change the Organization's Category.
Right after you create an Organization, you will be brought to the "Edit Organization" page. If the Organization already exists in ACME:
- navigate to the Organizations menu in Back Office and select "View" next to the Organization you'd like to edit, or double-click its name. You can also search for Organizations in the "Filter by organization or contact" box, where you can enter the Organization's name, or the first or last name of any Contacts (Primary or Secondary).
- Click "Edit Organization" in the upper right corner.
- Add or edit information to the Organization's record.
- You can change the Organization's Name, Address, Phone, Email, or Organization Category.
- If you'd like to add another address (if the Organization has more than one address), click "+New Address". In the window that pops up, enter the new address. You can also make this address the Primary Address.
- You can edit all the information for your Primary Contact.
- If you'd like to add other contacts, click "+Add Contact" under "Secondary Contacts". In the window that pops up, enter the information for the secondary contact. If that person has a different address, click "+New Address" to add it.
- You can change the Payment Policy.
- You can add Notes to the record
4. Select "Update" to confirm your changes.