The Ingenico EMV Card reader is an internet connected credit card reader capable of accepting magnetic stripe, chip, and most common contactless method of payment in ACME Sales.
About ACME, Ingenico, and Worldpay Express
ACME currently supports the Ingenico iPP350 and the Ingenico Lane/3000 reader for box office sales terminals. The box office will need an available power outlet and an available ethernet port for each terminal that you wish to set up. This allows the Ingenico device to communicate directly with Worldpay for pre-approvals before the user makes a final confirmation at the POS. You may need to check with your network administrator to ensure that the EMV unit has unrestricted access to the internet for proper communication with Worldpay.
Note: Worldpay Express credentials are required to utilize this solution. Check with your system administrator or ACME Product Support to ensure that your Backoffice is correctly configured before you attempt to take payment.
Set-up Instructions and Expected Behavior:
- The device comes with an integrated connectivity cord including power and ethernet. Plug the ethernet cable into the ethernet port before plugging into power.
- Once the device is plugged into power, it will boot up automatically.
- When the boot menu appears, quickly press the down arrow to scroll down the menu until the IP address appears as in the attached image. Be sure to make a note of this IP address as you will need it in the next step. Note: You will need to check your network connection to the card reader if a valid IP address does not appear.
- In the ACME Sales app, go to Configuration>Chip Card Reader and enter the IP address collected in Step 3.
- Press the Blue Connect button after entering the IP address. If the connection was successful the device serial number will appear and the device screen will say Ready.
Note: If the device finishes booting before you can capture the IP address, hold the # key and the yellow key together to reboot the device.
Your card reader should now be ready for operation. You can learn more about completing a sale with this device and common troubleshooting steps in the Taking Payments with an Ingenico EMV Credit Card Reader guide.