When using an Ingenico EMV card reader, manual CC payments must be entered on the device, instead of through a pop-up window in the POS cart. To enter a manual payment you will need the following information:
- Card Number
- Expiration date: MM/YY (just the lat two digits for the year)
- The CVV or CID from the card
To enter a manual payment through the EMV:
- Add the item(s) to the cart and checkout.
- If any items have flex pricing, enter the amount to be paid, then then tap the Credit Card button so it is highlighted blue. If no items have flex pricing, step 2 will happen automatically.
- The Credit Card button will show highlighted blue, and the EMV device will change from "Ready" to "Insert or Swipe Card", and there will be a message at the bottom left saying "ENTER CARD".
- Hit the F1 button below that to enter a card manually.
**Device image varies based on Ingenico model**
- Insert note about device may be different
- You will need to enter the card number, then the expiration date in the following format: MMYY (12/2018 would be 1218), then the CVV or CID.
- While entering the card info, the red button will cancel the transaction completely, the yellow button will delete the last character if you need to fix an entry, and the green button will enter the information and move to the next step.
- Once you've entered the card info, it will ask you to confirm if the total amount is ok. Hit the F3 button under "YES" to confirm.
- It will send the payment through to be processed and then you will see the result (authorized and order completed, or card declined message) on the POS.