Apple iOS updates can normally be installed "over the air" via a Wi-Fi or an ethernet connection. However, in some cases where the IOS update is too large, Apple will force the user to install the update using a local computer and iTunes. This article will walk you through how to install a large iOS update file using your computer.
- Plug your lightning to USB cable into a computer that has iTunes installed.
- Make sure the iPad is off.
- While holding down the home button on the iOS device, plug the lightning cable into the device. Continue holding until the iTunes logo appears on the device screen.
- iTunes will launch on your computer and ask you to "Update" or "Restore."
- Click Update if the device is operating normally and just needs to take a large IOS update file.
- Click "Restore and Update" If the device has gotten into a bad state and needs to be factory reset. ACME Product Support will be required to provision the device after a reset occurs.