Apple IOS updates can normally be installed "over the air" via a Wi-Fi or an ethernet connection However in some cases where the IOS update is too large, Apple will force the user to install the update using a local computer and iTunes. This article will walk you through how to install a large IOS update file using your computer.
1. Plug your lightning to USB cable into a computer that has iTunes installed.
2. Make sure the iPad is off.
3. While holding down the home button on the iOS device, plug the lightning cable into the device. Continue holding until the iTunes logo appears on the device screen.
4. iTunes will launch on your computer and ask you to "Update" or "Restore."
5. Click Update if the device is operating normally and just needs to take a large IOS update file.
6. Click "Restore and Update" If the device has gotten into a bad state and needs to be factory reset. ACME Product Support will be required to provision the device after a reset occurs.