ACME Coupons and Discounts are highly configurable to allow for a variety of use cases. Because of this, there are a few places to check the configuration if you ever encounter an issue. This article will walk you through a few scenarios that may cause unexpected behavior:
- Check that the Coupon date is valid. In Backoffice, navigate to Pricing>Coupons>(desired Coupon)>Effective Dates. Here you can review the effective date range(s) and ensure that the Coupon can be applied today. Note that this date range is in regards to the sale date and not the event date.
- Check the Category of your Coupon. ACME allows a Coupon Category to be used with a Discount and not individual Coupon codes. This allows for easier organization if you have multiple codes all for the same Discount. Be sure to check that the category mapped to your Coupon is the same category that is mapped to the Discount in your Event Template or Membership Rule.
- Review your Discount List. Did you recently add a new Ticket Category to your Event and the Coupon won't apply? The new Ticket may not be included in the Discount being used on your Event. You can review this in Backoffice by navigating to Pricing>Discounts>(Desired Discount) and checking that your Ticket Category is present and receiving a Discount. Note that if your Ticket Category is not here, a new Discount List will need to be created. See our Discounts article for more details.
- Check the mapping on your Event Template. If your Coupon, Coupon category, and Discount all looked correct, then the issue could be with the Event Template. In Backoffice, navigate to Events>Templates>(desired Template)>Edit>Pricing>Coupons. Here, you will want to check that the Coupon Category that your desired Coupon belongs to is selected and that the appropriate Discount is selected on the next column over. See the image below for an example.
- After confirming the mapping is correct, select Publish to ensure that your selection is live for Web sales and POS.
Still having an issue? Please contact Product Support by emailing email@example.com.