Multiple Donation Landing Pages
The standard Donations Landing Page allows you to have a standalone page which offers a streamlined flow for a donation-only order, taking the user directly to payment after selecting a donation amount.
Now, you can also create additional, unique pages with custom donation messaging for every use case and audience!
This feature will allow you to configure different content on the eCommerce (B2C) donation page and donation widget, for as many scenarios as you can envision. For example, when planning your email marketing campaigns and appeals, you will now be able to tailor the message on the B2C donation page and donation widget to match the messaging in your emails.
By using query parameters in the links you send (e.g. adding a signifier to the URL like '?text=xxxx'), your tailored messages will appear for:
Each separate appeal you send out, allowing for custom landing pages tailored to the audience.
Each link you program from your website, allowing for the content on the donations page to match the content on your site.
The text for custom donation landing pages is based on the Donation text variables you have configured in the Theme for your "default" Donations landing page. You can then edit as many as you want to create new, custom text on a new page.
Once you have configured your Donation text variables, open the "Donation Theme Override" tab under Theme, and create a new donation theme override.
You will be able to set a name and description, which can be used internally to keep track of your different custom pages. The name and description are only visible in the Back Office to staff, and are not displayed anywhere else or seen by guests. We recommend clicking save after setting a name and description to get the text query parameter generated right away. You will use this ID later in the link to direct guests to a page with your custom text.
All the donation variables are displayed with the text variable name and a friendly name, allowing you to override the default text with different language for as few or as many variables as you wish.
Click edit to change the text for a specific variable for this new page. A window will pop up, containing:
- a space to enter new text
- the default text for that variable, as set by the Theme
- button to save your custom override text
Once you have entered the new text, enabled it, and click Save, then the new text will be saved for that custom donations landing page, but it will not be live yet. In order to make this custom page live, you will need to click save on the main Theme Override Page to make those changes visible. Once you have clicked save, you can use the links to view the custom text as it appears on a custom donations landing page or in a cart.
- If you want your custom page to use similar language or links to your default text, you can copy it from the override window for that variable and then edit as needed.
- If you are creating a new custom donations landing page and the link to the new page has not been shared yet, you can use the links to preview your changes in real time as you make the. Clicking Save on the main override page is like clicking publish, but if the link has not been shared out, no one else will be able to see it.
- If you have shared out links to a custom landing page and need to make an edit, clicking Save on the main override page is like clicking publish and new updates will go live immediately. You can fix typos or small mistakes and have the edits publish right away, but you may want to time larger edits or updates for low traffic times so it's less likely to have a guest see the messaging change during checkout.
- You can edit and customize the columns that are displayed for each custom donation landing page by Customizing Tables in ACME Back Office.
Sharing your Custom Donation Landing Page
|standard Donations landing page, no additions||replace the ### with your tenant ID|
|standard Donations landing page, one query parameter set||replace the ### with your tenant ID, add one query parameter (fund, campaign, appeal, or text) to the end after a ?|
|Custom Donations landing page, multiple query parameters set||akSXaOtALbD&||replace the ### with your tenant ID, add one query parameter to the end after a ? and additional parameters after a &|
|Deep-link to a cart with a specific event and date chosen (standard link 4), and specify a fund||replace the ### with your tenant ID, insert the event ID and date you want to appear in the cart, and add other query parameters after a & (since a ? is located earlier in the link, it is not needed again)|
|Deep-link to the member verification and redirect to the standard Donations landing page with a query parameter set||https://buy.acmeticketing.com/auth//members?ref=%2Fdonate%2F %3Ftext%3DakSXaOtALbD%26|
|replace the ### with your tenant ID, and then add the query parameters to the end of the link with symbol encoding to allow the redirect to work|