TABLE OF CONTENTS
ACME Events, or Event Instances, are the system generated entities that your users and consumers will buy tickets for to visit your venue. Every event will contain a start time, capacity, and other defined attributes. An Event can be created through a few different methods including:
Note: Organization or Private Events will appear in blue on the Event List.
Editing Event Instances
Users with sufficient permissions can edit a singular Event Instance from the Event List. Thus is useful if a change is only required for that specific event as an exception. To edit an event:
- Open the event from the Event List and either double click on the Event name or select the View button on the left.
- Select the Edit Event button on the top-right corner of the screen.
The following values and attributes can can be edited for a specific Event Instance (the most commonly made edits are in bold):
- Event Name
- Event Description
- Confirmation and Cancellation emails
- Max. Capacity
- Custom field Designations
- Start Time (Note: editing this value will automatically send an email to booked customers alerting them of the new start time)
- End Time (Note: editing this value will automatically send an email to booked customers alerting them of the new end time)
- Sales Channels
- Price List
- Ticket Expiration
- Flex-pay Schedule
- Resource Assignments
- Ticket Layouts
Unlinking Event and creating Exceptions
When edits are made to an Event Instance, this creates an exception from the Schedule that created it. The event is now "unlinked" and it is considered a unique event. This can also happen if an Event Template is edited in certain ways but the Event instance already has tickets booked.
In most cases, when an event becomes unlinked, some edits to the parent Event Template may not apply to the Event instance, including:
- Event Name
- Start Time
- Capacity (if your new capacity is fewer than the number of tickets already sold)
- Price List and Sale Channel Availability changes
Relinking Events Back to the Event Template
In some cases, you may wish to relink your Event Instance back to the Event Template. This action will force the Event to remove any value that was seen as an exception and adopt the same values as the Event Template. This can be accomplished by:
- Editing the unlinked Event Instance.
- Select the Green Relink button to force the value to match the Event Template. Any value or field that is seen as an exception will display this button on the right-hand side.
- Alternatively, the Relink All button at the top of the screen will find all exceptions for this Event Instance and relink them all in one action.
- Select the Update button when finished to save and publish your changes.