The Chipp 2X BT is a ultra-portable bluetooth credit card reader that connects to an iPad for use with ACME Sales. This reader supports contactless, chip, and magstripe payments. This device connects to ACME sales over a bluetooth connection so it is ideal for a mobile point of sale. Note that the card reader does not include a PIN pad or any user interface for the customer. It will be up to the POS user to communicate the amount due and relay instructions on when to insert and remove the card from the terminal.
- Log in to ACME Sales and navigate to Configuration>Chip Card Reader. (This will require the user to have sufficient permissions to access the Configuration menu).
- Select the Bluetooth connection option from the Pick List and then select Find Devices.
- Select the serial number for your card reader from the list of nearby devices.
- If this is the first time the card reader is ebing connected, a pop-up modal may appear indicating that updates need to be down loaded. You mush wait for this process to finish before the card reader can be used.
- Once the card reader is connected, you can now begin taking pauments in ACME Sales.
Q: I don't see the card reader as available in the Configuration menu.
A: Ensure that the card reader is on, fully charged, has a flashing blue light, and that ACME Sales is allowed to use Bluetooth on your device. You can check this in iOS Settings>Privacy>Bluetooth
Q: I can't get my card reader to connect in ACME Sales.
A: Make sure that you are pairing the device in ACME Sales and not the Bluetooth menu on the iPad. Unlike other Bluetooth devices, these card readers must be paired from within ACME Sales.