TABLE OF CONTENTS
11.19 Release - Coming soon on 4/26/2022!
This release will support a new credit card reader for WorldPay processing to replace the Ingenico iPP350. Contact us if you are interested in purchasing the Lane/3000.
As a continuation of the SendGrid integration in the 11.17 release, we published new documentation for various email templates. For anyone looking to customize with small changes to the existing layouts, you now have a starting point. Check out our SendGrid Integration Setup Guide for more details!
Hiring new visitor services staff?
Feel free to post any open positions on our Forum!
Online Membership Verification
- Membership ID + Last Name. This is the recommended option as it requires two pieces of information to verify and reduces risk if a member mistypes their ID. If your Membership IDs are short and sequential, you should add Last Name to the verification. In Settings, Administration, set the "Require last name for login" to Yes.
- Membership ID. The member enters their membership ID, which is printed on their physical card, displayed on a digital card or in an email confirmation received upon purchase. This option is ok if your membership IDs are long and complex.
Customer information collection at POS
Whether you’re compiling geographic visitation information or ensuring a first-time guest receives their email confirmation, customer contact data is a valuable tool for organizations. In ACME Sales, if a user is already transacting as a member (or a known customer), these fields will be auto-populated, but our customer contact feature also makes it easy to collect customer information from walk-up non-member guests.
Users can tap on the “person and pencil” icon on the Checkout screen to open this modal and populate an order with guest information. If the information entered matches an existing ACME customer, ACME will use the same customer record on this new order. Training staff to regularly utilize this POS feature will result in better data, and an improved guest experience.
More information about Adding a Customer Contact to an Order (POS) can be found in our guide. ACME allows you to control whether or not this data can be collected for $0 transactions. Depending on your needs, you can automatically skip this screen or automatically pause on this screen based on your configuration in Settings>Administration>POS and in the settings menu for the particular POS Configuration as set in Backoffice.
Preparing for Summer Programs
Many venues are bringing back in person programming like camps or classes for the first time in a while. If you are running upcoming programs that use an existing ACME form to collect additional participant data, or setting up a new form, check your form configuration to ensure it's set up to collect the needed data.
- Review and modify any questions that need to be updated.
- Make sure that your key questions have Custom Fields associated so that you can report on all the responses instead of viewing each one individually.
- For any questions marked required, ensure that no placeholder text is configured on the form to ensure that guests must enter their own response.
To make reporting on the responses easier, especially when tickets have been rebooked to other dates or times, we have developed a process to make this less manual. Reporting on Forms for Rebooked Tickets outlines the two reports that will allow you to retrieve the form responses for the current list of attendees, regardless of any changes to their reservation that may have occurred.
What is this feature?
If you do not require members to have a ticket for their visit and you allow them to present their membership card to gain entry, you can leverage ACME's Membership Card Scanning feature using ACME Access Control to expedite the member arrival experience.
When should it be used?
The purpose of member card scanning is to expedite member entry to your venue. Consider this solution if:
- You do not have strict capacity limitations to manage.
- There are no upsell or transaction processing needs for the member.
- Members can visit anytime with their card, without a reservation.
- You have a members-only event and do not require members to RSVP.
How to implement
Detailed Membership Scanning
When this setting in Settings, Administration > Access Control tab is set to Yes, you will be prompted with the option to indicate the quantity of visitors entering with the scanned membership. Toggle this to No if you don't need to track this level of detail and just want to admit the cardholder into your venue.
Once you have everything in place, all you need to do is login to the ACME Access Control app, and scan the membership card that is presented - either from the main screen or for a specific event. Report on these scans in a Ticket Analytics report (see this article for more info).
Partner Spotlight: Red Level Group
Leveraging the capabilities of ACME's API is exciting but can also be overwhelming. Some organizations have in-house staff to explore custom-developed applications, automations, and integrations. But without these resources, what are some other options? As the ACME API developer community is growing, so are the solutions! Detroit-based Red Level has been working with several ACME customers to develop API-based solutions to meet complex and specific business needs, such as:
- Customizations to the online checkout experience - e.g. custom styling of the event calendar, custom filtering of events
- Seamless integration with WordPress CMS
- Customizations to the online checkout experience
- Order lookup and bulk refund
- Invite only events online
- Zip code verification during purchase
- Leverage the power of Microsoft 365 solutions (Outlook, Power Platform, SharePoint, etc.)
Interested in learning more? Contact Red Level experts today! https://redlevelgroup.com/
- ACME Hardware Setup Guides
- Managing Duplicate Membership Information
- Reporting on Forms for Rebooked Tickets
- SendGrid Integration Resource Center
- ACME Reporting API Integration