The Ingenico Link/2500 device is a WiFi-enabled credit card reader that can be used with an iPad to support a mobile POS solution. The device accepts all payment methods including NFC/Contactless, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Before you begin...
- Confirm you have the following items:
- Ingenico Link/2500 Card Reader device
- Power supply and charging cable
- Static IP Addresses and the subnet mask for your device from your IT/Network team
- Plug in the card reader to charge it.
- When it is connected to power, it should automatically turn on.
- Wait a few minutes for the screen to display the triPOS logo
- For the initial charge, allow the device to charge for at least 4 hours. Subesquent charging should take less than 2 hours.
IMPORTANT! Please ensure that you will be able to assign static IP addresses to your devices. This will ensure that the card reader will seamlessly connect with the ACME POS application and reduce the risk of disconnects.
To assign a Static IP
TIP: View the device specs, including the IP address, any time by keying in 0 0 0 0; no reboot required to get the IP address!
Device specifications can be found in the article Credit Card Hardware: WorldPay.