Announcements & Reminders
- The next data refresh for Sandbox 10 and Sandbox 15 is scheduled for February 7, 2023.
- Effective April 8, 2023, all versions of ACME Sales and ACME AC prior to 11.19.0 will no longer be supported. Do you still have a few inactive devices that are running an unsupported version? Click here for a refresher on how to update your ACME applications.
- Have questions about ACME versions or current system status? Take a look at the Current System Versions and Status page, plus you can now subscribe to get ACME status updates on our Status Page.
- Welcome new ACME customers! Recently launched or going live soon:
- America's Car Museum (Tacoma, WA)
- Asia Society Northern California (San Francisco, CA)
- Atlanta Botanical Garden (Atlanta and Gainesville, GA)
- Musée McCord Stewart Museum (Montreal, Quebec)
- Norman Rockwell Museum (Stockbridge, MA)
- South Street Seaport Museum (New York, NY)
- Western North Carolina Nature Center (Asheville, NC)
ACME Product Release Information
Latest Release: 11.24 Release - January 24, 2023
For our first release of 2023, we released more enhancements to Backoffice search with Advanced Search options, improvements to Backoffice member orders & checkout, and less clicks to configure all your membership coupons.
Other Recent Releases
11.23.1 Release - 11/29/2022
Included POS and AC compatibility with iPadOS16 and iOS16, and an updated Salesforce Managed Package
11.23.0 Release - 11/15/2022
Included support for Link/2500 WiFi card reader, Improved Backoffice membership search
11.22.3 Release - 10/24/2022
Many improvements to ticket analytics reporting
22.214.171.124 Release - 10/11/2022
Fraud Shield bug fix
ACME Product Webinar - Save the Date!
Our next Product Webinar will be Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 11:00AM Pacific. Stay tuned for registration details! The webinar will also be recorded if you are unable to attend.
Tips & Tricks
New Year Checklist
As you prepare for all the programs, events, and visitors ahead in the New Year, keep in mind these tips and tricks to update your configuration to be ready to go.
- Check on your Company Holidays, Observances, and Revised Hours configured in your Company Profile. Make sure you have updated any holidays that have passed to have dates for the coming year, so when you publish event templates that are configured to skip those dates, you have them already to go.
- Check your Coupon expiration dates. Make sure that any long running promotions have expiration dates that will run though the next calendar or fiscal year, so they continue to work as long as you expect them to.
- Clean up old schedules. If you have event templates that are still in use but starting to get a lot of schedules that are all for past dates, Removing Old Schedules from the template is recommended to maintain good performance.
Unexpected or Sudden Closures
In the event that your venue unexpectedly needs to close and you either need to cancel individual events or close on larger scale, you have a few options for handling this in ACME.
You'll likely want to remove the event from Web sales right away to ensure you don't have more purchases made while you plan the message regarding the closure. You can then cancel individual event instances, which will notify purchasers of the closer, but retain their payment allowing staff to rebook or refund as your policy allows. See Event Cancelations and Unexpected Closures for options and step-by-step instructions.
Ending support on MagTek uDynamo, eDynamo and DynaMAX card readers. Due to increased costs and the fact that these devices are swipe-only and do not support the Omnitoken capture, we are ending support on all MagTek devices on March 1, 2023. If you are still swiping a credit card on a MagTek card reader, please contact us ASAP to replace your devices with a supported card reader that supports all payment methods!
Did you know that each report has a unique URL?
You can bookmark your favorite reports in your browser for quick access.
Need to share a report you configured with a colleague? Send them the url and they don't have to search for it!
Speaking of favorites...
We all have our favorite reports that we like to duplicate and customize. Here are two that we recommend:
U: Ticket Use by Event. This report displays the total number of tickets sold and checked in by event. By default it shows all events for the selected date range.
- Tip: Duplicate this to add a filter on the EVENTNAME field if you only want to see specific events.
R: Item Sales and Revenue by Item Type. This report shows the total items sold and the corresponding revenue. broken down by order item type.
- Tip: Duplicate this to add a filter on the ORDERITEMTYPE field if you only want to see specific types of items, such as Membership items.
New Feature Preview: Membership Auto-Renewal
We are hard at work on the Auto Renew project! Auto Renew is the first subscription-based product that ACME plans to offer. Here are some highlights for what to expect when Auto Renew launches:
Opting-In: When a member is purchasing a membership (new, upgrade, renew, etc.), they will be presented with the option for an Auto Renew membership according to your configuration per offering. These options give you the ultimate flexibility in designing your Auto Renew program!
Optional - the member can choose to opt in to the Auto Renew program or not. Required - the member is automatically opted in to the Auto Renew program by selecting this offering.
Managing Your Program: When a member signs up for an Auto Renew membership, a subscription is generated for the Primary Cardholder on the membership.
Viewing all Subscriptions - A new section in Backoffice called “Subscriptions” will enable you to view all your subscriptions and easily navigate between subscriptions and their related membership records. Viewing Subscription Details - Viewing an individual subscription will allow you to see all the relevant data for that subscription, such as its status, the next Auto Renew processing date and amount, the card on file, memberships details, customer details, and subscription history.
Stay Tuned... arriving in Sandbox soon!
This is just a small preview of what we are building with Auto Renew. We are looking forward to unveiling all the new exciting Auto Renew features in an early sandbox preview! In the meantime, check out our 11.24 release for additional membership improvements leading up to this important feature release.
Solution Spotlight: Self-Service Rebooking Portal
Spend less time on rebooking and more time on what matters!
What is it? The Rebooking App is a self-service portal that allows visitors to rebook their same-price tickets to your museum, zoo, aquarium, or exhibit without the need to call your venue. This application is built on top of ACME's API.
Who is this for? This app is a key solution for organizations that want to limit inbound calls and allow their members and guests to have self-service capabilities online.
By automating processes with this application, we provide an easy-to-use solution that can reduce customer service costs and keeps your employees efficient! We would love to work with you to show you how the app can help streamline the process for your members and staff.
To learn more about this solution, contact us to get started: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in what your peers are doing? So are we! Each newsletter, we will ask you about a different topic to better understand your use cases, priorities, and preferences. For our first survey...
Tell us about your ACME POS Terminals!
Thanks for participating! We will share the insights and summary results in future newsletters.
New and Updated Knowledge Articles
We are continuously updating and adding new articles to our Knowledge-base in the ACME Support Portal. Below are some recently added or updated articles:
ACME Community Newsletter | Fall 2022 | Issue 8
ACME Community Newsletter | Summer 2022 | Issue 7
ACME Community Newsletter | Spring 2022 | Issue 6
ACME Community Newsletter | Fall 2021 | Issue 5