As of the 11.6.0 release, Ticket Limits for individual orders are now supported on the ACME platform! This is especially key for free tickets, time slots with high demand, and venues with strict rules about visitor party size.
You can define the maximum quantity of tickets that can be purchased per event and time within a single order, across multiple ticket types. Ticket limits are checked and enforced when visitors select "Place Order" on the cart page. If any rules are exceeded, a message displays the details of the ticket limit and the associated quantities are highlighted in red. These limits are enforced separately per order, and are not applied across a non-member's purchase history.
Event Template Configuration
For a selected template, configure Ticket Limits in the Pricing tab > Ticket Rules. You can enforce a limit either across ticket types or per ticket type.
- Across ticket types: "Limit sales across Adult, Senior, Youth to 2 per order/event time"
- This would allow guests to purchase a max of two of these tickets total per order, of any combination of the specified types
- Per ticket type: "Limit sales across Child to 2 per order/event time"
- This places a limit of 2 child tickets per order, in addition to other tickets that may have separate limits
After your Ticket Limits have been configured, be sure to Save and Publish for these to take effect.
Note: Ticket limits are not enforced for combos at this time.
Ticket Rules and Membership Discount Rules
You can set ticket limits and limit membership discounts on the same ticket types. Both rules will be enforced upon checkout. We recommend checking both of these configurations to make sure they are working together as you desire, since the system will enforce them together.
For example: If you allow certain membership levels to get 6 tickets per day, but have your ticket rules limiting orders to 4 tickets per order/event time, a member at that level would only be able to purchase 4 tickets in an order, and would have to place an additional order to get any additional tickets they are allowed per day.
ACME eCommerce Text Variable: Order Limit Exceeded Title
You can configure a custom message that appears online when a purchaser exceeds the defined ticket limits. In Back Office Theme › Text Variables, add the following variable and modify the value as desired:
"order-limit-exceeded-title": "Ticket Limit per order"
Sample messages to consider:
- "Ticket Limit Reached. Please adjust your ticket quantities."
- "You have exceeded the ticket limits for this event. Please reduce your ticket quantities."
- "Due to strict COVID-19 reopening policies, we are limiting the quantity of tickets per time slot. Please adjust."
Learn more about all Cart & Checkout eCommerce Text Variables.
Ticket Limit Enforcement Across ACME Sales Channels
On ACME hosted eCommerce pages, Ticket limits are checked and enforced when visitors select "Place Order" on the cart page. If any rules are exceeded, a message displays the details of the ticket limit and the associated quantities are highlighted:
Ticket limits are enforced at the POS with the option for staff to make an exception when needed:
Ticket limits are enforced in Back Office with the option for staff to make an exception when needed: