TABLE OF CONTENTS
There are several use cases where you may need to partially refund an event ticket for a guest. This can be accomplished by swapping the event ticket for a discounted ticket type or add-on.
Before modifying the order, you'll first want to ensure that you have an object ready to swap for the existing event ticket that is being partially removed/refunded. For example:
- In the instance that a member forgot to verify, missed their discount, and needs to be refunded the difference, you'll want to add a Ticket Type to your Price List (limited to internal sales channels) valued at the cost of the discounted member ticket. See Working with Price Lists for more details.
- In cases where you'd like to retain a cancellation fee or deposit when refunding an event ticket, you'll want to create an Add-On with a name like "Cancellation Fee" (to make this add-on useful in multiple scenarios, we recommend creating it with a $1 value, and then adjusting the quantity as needed to represent different fee amounts). See Working with Add-ons for more details.
Issuing a Partial Refund with a Ticket Exchange
1. On the Order Details page in Backoffice, select Edit Order
2. Use the Add Ticket drop-down to select the discounted Ticket Type you'll be exchanging for the full price ticket
3. Reduce the quantity of the original ticket to remove it from the order, while simultaneously adding the new discounted ticket to the order
4. Select Continue to move forward to the confirmation screen
5. Select Update Order to finalize your changes and issue the partial refund
Issuing a Partial Refund with an Add-On
1. On the Order Details page in Backoffice, select the Edit Order button
2. Using the Add add-on drop-down, select a Cancellation Fee add-on
3. Adjust quantities to remove the event ticket and set the Cancellation Fee value
4. Select Continue to proceed to the confirmation page
5. Finalize your partial refund by selecting Update Order