Cleaning the BOCA Printer
Because the BOCA printer can build up residue, it's important to clean it regularly. The frequency of cleaning will vary based on your volume, but cleaning should occur at least once a quarter.
It may help to appoint a staff member or point person to do this regularly.
Clean the printer
First, collect the following items:
- Compressed air
- Isopropyl alcohol (liquid, 70%)
- Goo gone or a comparable product
- Paper towels or a dry cloth
- Phillips head screw driver
- Ensure the printer is turned off and the power cord is unplugged.
- Remove the outer casing and lift up the Cam lock (item 1 in the photo).
- Remove the print head and mounting plate (item 4), but keep the cable attached.
- With a screw driver, remove the screws for the metal plate on the print path (items 2 and 3).
- Check both sides of the plate for any ticket stock that may be stuck on. Apply compressed air to the now visible sensor. Screw the plate back into position once dry and clear of any residue.
- Apply alcohol to the print head, removing any reside that may have built up along the edges. Dry with a towel or cloth.
- Apply alcohol to the platen roller (item 5). Manually move the roller so the entire circumference is cleaned. Dry with a towel or cloth.
- Spray compressed air around the optical eye (item 6) and the rest of the printer mechanism to remove any other debris.
- Reset the printer head to its normal position over the roller. Press the cam lock (item 1) back down until you feel it firmly click into place.
- Re-insert your ticket stock, plug the printer back in, and resume normal operation.