ACME has an online checkout flow specifically focused on Donations which:
- Supports additional messaging to potential donors
- Allows for deep-linking directly to the new URL: https://buy.acmeticketing.com/donate/<tenantID>
- Offers a streamlined flow for a donation-only order in add, taking the user directly to payment after selecting a donation amount
- Features the widget with the same donations amounts that are active for Web checkout via the normal checkout pages
This feature doesn't replace the donations widget in the standard cart; rather, it allows additional options for soliciting donations online, so the donations widget will appear both on the normal ticketing/membership cart as well as on standalone page(s). The amounts that are configured to be active for Web will show across all places where the donation widget appears, but the copy can differ between the standard cart and any standalone page(s).
The following text variables are available to customize your messaging in the Theme section of the ACME Backoffice (B2B). If you would like to take advantage of this new page, please configure the content, as there will not be default copy. Contact email@example.com if you need help with the configuration. The ACME Online Checkout Text Variables for Donations are documented here.
Deep Linking to the Standard Donations page
- Best when optimizing for a donation-only order. The visitor will not go through the cart page and instead will go right from Donation to Payment on the checkout page.
- You can also create multiple custom Donations landing pages based off the standard theme variables you have configured, as well as Specify a Campaign, Appeal or Fund in an ACME Online Checkout Link
In both cases, it is still possible to have members verify first. This will enable you to track in reporting which members provided a donation. For additional information on configuring deep links, see ACME Online Checkout Deep-linking Guide.