To configure your ACME system for CityPASS integration, please review the guidelines below.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Step 1: Decide CityPASS redemption eligibility in ACME
- Event Template: When a CityPASS purchaser chooses to redeem their pass for tickets to your venue, to which event will the redemption apply? In most cases, it will be your general admission event.
- Ticket Types: Which ticket types for the event align with the type of CityPASS purchased? You may opt to use an existing 'Adult' or 'Child' ticket type, or if you prefer to have a distinct ticket type for CityPASS visitors, you may configure unique ticket types, like 'CityPASS Adult', 'CityPASS Child', for example.
Step 2: Configure a CityPASS Organization Reseller record in back office
- All orders redeemed through CityPASS will be passed to ACME under an Organization record. For example:If you do not already have an Organization record for City PASS, you will need to create one.
- Recommendation: Categorize with an Organization Category such as "Tour Operator" or something similar.
Step 3: Configure a user name and request an API key
- Create a general user (not an email user) 'api_citypass' and set a default password
- Create a new group, or assign to an existing group. Ensure that the group has roles with the following permissions:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an API key for this user
Step 4: Provide configuration details to CityPASS
- Event Template ID
- Navigate to your event template in back office
- The Event ID is embedded in the URL in your browser
- Ticket Type IDs
- Open the Developer Tools in your browser (Right-Click "Inspect", or Ctrl-Shift-I), go to the Network tab
- Navigate to Pricing>Ticket Categories in back office
- In the Name column, Select "types..."
- Expand Payload and List
- Find the ticket types in list
- Organization ID
- Navigate to view the CityPASS organization record
- The Organization ID is embedded in the URL in your browser
Note: If you are configuring these items in a Sandbox environment to test prior to activating the integration in Production, your IDs will not be the same in both Sandbox and Production. When you re-configure the items in Production you will need to provide the Production IDs to CityPASS.