To configure your ACME system for TripAdvisor/Viator integration, please review the guidelines below.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Step 1: Decide how TripAdvisor/Viator products align with your ACME configuration
- Event Template: When a customer purchases tickets to your venue through the Viator app or website, to which event will the ticket apply? In most cases, it will be your general admission event.
- Ticket Types: Which ticket types for the event align with the types that are offered through Viator? You may opt to use existing ticket types like 'Adult' or 'Child', or if you prefer to have a distinct ticket type for these visitors, you may configure unique ticket types, like 'Viator Adult', 'Viator Child', for example.
Step 2: Configure a TripAdvisor Organization Reseller record in back office
- All tickets purchased through TripAdvisor will be passed to ACME under an Organization record.
- If you do not already have an Organization record for TripAdvisor, you will need to create one.
- Recommendation: Categorize with an Organization Category such as "Tour Operator", "OTA", "Tourism Partner" or something similar.
Step 3: Configure a user name and request an API key
- Create a general user (not an email user) 'api_tripadvisor' and set a default password
- Create a new group, or assign to an existing group. Ensure that the group has roles with the following permissions:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an API key for this user
Step 4: Provide configuration details to TripAdvisor
- Event Template ID
- Navigate to your event template in back office
- The Event ID is embedded in the URL in your browser
- Ticket Type IDs
- Open the Developer Tools in your browser (Right-Click "Inspect", or Ctrl-Shift-I), go to the Network tab
- Navigate to Pricing>Ticket Categories in back office
- In the Name column, Select "types..."
- Expand Payload and List
- Find the ticket types in list
- Organization ID
- Navigate to view the TripAdvisor organization record
- The Organization ID is embedded in the URL in your browser
Note: If you are configuring these items in a Sandbox environment to test prior to activating the integration in Production, your IDs will not be the same in both Sandbox and Production. When you re-configure the items in Production you will need to provide the Production IDs to TripAdvisor.