TABLE OF CONTENTS
ACME › Salesforce: Supported Use Cases
- Orders placed in ACME are sent to Salesforce as an Opportunity
- Order Items are synced to Salesforce as Opportunity Products. Order Items include Events and Tickets, Add-ons, Memberships, and Donations.
- Payments and Refunds are synced to Salesforce as NPSP Payments.
- NPSP automatically calculates:
- Amount based on the quantity and sale price of the items
- Balance Due based on the Amount and Payments (which can include Refunds).
- Orders edited in ACME are synced as follows:
- When the items in the order are edited (e.g. events added, tickets rebooked, etc), the updated Order Items (along with any Payments and/or Refunds) are synced to Salesforce. NPSP automatically recalculates the Amount and Balance Due accordingly.
- When items in an ACME Order is converted to a membership, the original Salesforce Opportunity is marked as a Conversion.
- When tickets are checked-in, the check-in data is recorded on the corresponding Salesforce Opportunity Products.
- When all items in an order are return and the order is are refunded, the Salesforce Opportunity Products are removed (as NPSP does not allow a quantity of 0). NPSP automatically recalculates the Amount and Balance Due accordingly to be $0.
- Memberships purchased in ACME are sent to Salesforce, where ACME Membership and ACME Membership Card(s) are created.
- All lifecycle actions are supported (e.g. New, Upgrade/Downgrade, Renew etc)
- Contact(s) are created or updated accordingly, depending on a match for the ACME Customer Number.
- If the membership is opted-in to Auto Renew, the associated Subscription info is sent to Salesforce as well.
- Membership edits in ACME are sent to Salesforce:
- Expiration Date
- Cardholder Additions/Deletions/Edits
- When an Auto Renew Membership is purchased, this data is sent to Salesforce and recorded in the ACME Subscription object.
- Auto Renew Subscription edits, including opt outs with or without a lifecycle action, or updates created by a manual lifecycle action with an opt-in are sent to Salesforce.
- Customers can be created in ACME when either an Order is placed or when added as a Membership Cardholder. Customers are synced to the Salesforce Contact(s).
- When existing customers are edited in ACME, these updates sync to the existing record in Salesforce.
- Organizations that are created or updated in ACME will sync to Salesforce when an order is placed.
- The Organization information syncs to a Salesforce Account
- The Org Contact information syncs to Salesforce Affiliation(s) and Contact(s)
- Donations placed in ACME are sent to Salesforce as part of the Order sync. In addition to the Opportunity and Opportunity Product objects created, an ACME Donation object is created in Salesforce with information from the (optional) Donation extended form that customers fill out during check out.
- Form Responses completed in ACME as part of an Event purchase on an Order are sent to Salesforce. In addition to the Opportunity and Opportunity Product objects created, an ACME Forms object is created in Salesforce.
Salesforce › ACME: Supported Use Cases
- When a single Contact is edited in Salesforce that has an ACME Customer Number, that contact can be synced on demand to ACME.
Additional Use Cases Coming Soon
Salesforce › ACME - Customers/Contacts
- When Contacts that exist in both Salesforce and ACME are edited in Salesforce, the edits automatically sync to the ACME Customer.
- When Contacts are created in Salesforce, the new contact is synced to ACME and ACME creates a Customer record.
Salesforce › ACME - Membership
- Membership Versions created in Salesforce in the ACME Membership object can be synced to ACME. When synced, an ACME Order is created along with the associated Membership version. The ACME Customer is created or updated accordingly.
- Membership Cards created/edited in Salesforce on an existing ACME Membership record can be synced to ACME. The ACME Customer is created or updated accordingly.