Flex Pay, Add-ons, and Exceptions are the last three tabs in an Event Template. All three are optional.
A Flex Pay schedule allows purchasers to pay variable amounts for tickets. Flex Pay can be useful for donations-based or pay-what-you-wish programs.
During the hours when a Flex Pay schedule is enabled, the prices on the Price List are overridden. Instead, the POS operator enters a price at the time the order is placed.
To add a Flex Pay schedule:
- Click the Flex Pay tab.
- Click "+Add New".
- Enter the following information:
- Name: give your Flex Pay Schedule a Name (e.g. "Pay What You Wish, Saturday Mornings").
- Effective: this designates the Start Date of your Flex Pay Schedule. If your Flex Pay Schedule will occur more than once, and End Day box will appear after you configure that in Occurs. If there is no End Date, click "Indefinite".
- Occurs: this specifies the days when your Flex Pay Schedule will take place: One-Time, Daily (if every day), Weekly (if once or more per week), or Monthly (if less than once per week). Weekly and Monthly give you further options.
- Hours: this specifies the time space of your Flex Pay Schedule. This can be useful for General Admission schedules if the Flex Pay period is a subset of the schedule (e.g. General Admission hours are 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with a Flex Pay period from 10:00 a.m. to Noon).
- Click "Create & Continue" (at the top right of the page) to proceed.
Add-Ons are extra features (room rentals, t-shirts, beverages, souvenirs, etc.) that you can sell along with tickets. Add-Ons are only available to your Event Template if you have configured them already. (For more information about Add-ons, click here).
To add Add-Ons to your Event Template:
- In your Event Template, click the Add-Ons tab.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the Add-On you want to add to your Event.
- Click "Add Inventory".
- Choose the Sales Channels in which you want to make your Add-On available.
Note: Stand-alone Add-on sales (i.e. purchasing an Add-on without also purchasing a ticket) are only allowed at the POS. Other Sales Channels require an Event to be added to a transaction before an Add-on can be added.
- To add another Add-On, repeat steps 2-4.
- To remove an Add-On from the list, click "Remove" in the list of Add-Ons.
- Click "Save" in the upper right of the screen.
Exceptions lists any Event Instances that have been edited, and thereby unlinked from the Event Template in one or more fields.
Note: Exceptions aren't a bad thing! They're just a list of events that won't be updated if you publish a template because you've manually changed them.
Click forward to read about Publishing your Event.