This article covers how to set-up and ACME Access Control and configure Access Control with a socket scanner.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Setting Up ACME Access Control
What you will need:
- Reliable WiFi connectivity with a dedicated network
- An iPod Touch (7th Gen) or iPhone running iOS 14 with the latest version of ACME AC.
- OPTIONAL: If you plan to use an external Bluetooth scanner instead of the native iOS camera to scan:
- A fully charged socket scanner S740 or S840
Configuring ACME Access Control with a Socket Scanner
- Ensure that your iPod does not currently have any socket scanners listed as connected or not connected in iOS Bluetooth settings. If so, select "forget this device".
- Turn on your Socket scanner and pair it with your iOS device in the Bluetooth Settings menu.
- Launch the ACME AC app and log in with your username and password.
- Like POS, you will also need to enter your Tenant ID and a Terminal ID when logging in for the first time. Both fields are required and must be filled in to login. Once you have logged in, these settings will be saved unless the app is deleted.
- Access Control Terminal IDs do not need to be pre-configured in ACME Backoffice and they can be any alphanumeric code. We recommend using something that will be meaningful in reports (e.g. MAIN, NORTH, EAST, SPEX)
- Once a terminal ID is entered for an Access Control device, whenever a ticket or pass is checked in, the device's terminal ID will be recorded for that scan and can be included in a Ticket Analytics report. Please note, when tickets are sold but not checked in, they will not have a Check In Terminal ID.
- When you receive a notification that the scanner is active you are ready to scan a ticket.
- Scan a ticket or membership card and wait for a response. The ACME AC app will inform you if the ticket has been checked in or if there was a problem with the scanned code.
- For ticket scanning responses, see Scanning Tickets with ACME Access Control.
- For membership card scanning responses, see Membership Card Scanning.
- For reporting on ticket and membership card scans see, ACME Standard Reports and Reporting Sources - Ticket Analytics Data Set (to further analyze visitation information).
* Note that your Socket Scanner may need to be configured for iOS App mode to work properly. Scan the command code below or install the Socket companion app form the App store.