ACME Events, or Event Instances, are the system generated entities that your users and consumers use to buy tickets to visit your venue. Every event contains a start time, capacity, and other defined attributes. An Event can be created through various methods including:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Editing Event Instances
Users with sufficient permissions can edit a singular Event Instance from the Event List in Backoffice. This is useful if a change is only required for that specific event as an exception.
To edit an event:
- Open the event from the Event List and either double click on the Event name or select the View button on the left.
- Select the Edit Event button on the top-right corner of the screen.
The following fields and attributes can can be edited for a specific Event Instance.
*Most commonly edited fields/attributes
- Event Name
- Event Description
- Confirmation and Cancellation emails
- *Max. Capacity
- Custom field Designations
- Start Time (Note: editing this value will automatically send an email to booked customers alerting them of the new start time)
- End Time (Note: editing this value will automatically send an email to booked customers alerting them of the new end time)
- *Sales Channels
- *Price List
- Ticket Expiration
- Flex-pay Schedule
- Resource Assignments
- Ticket Layouts
Note: Changes made to the Event Instance will cause ONLY the changed fields/attributes to become unlinked from the Event Template.
Unlinking Event and creating Exceptions
For example, your venue is offering a "free day". You edit the Event Instance and change the Price List field (at the Event Instance level) to $0 for the ticket types for the one specific day. The Price List field is now unlinked from the Event Template. If we change the Price List at the Event Template level, it will NOT update the Event Instance Price List because we already edited the field at the Event Instance level.
Relinking Events Back to the Event Template
- Editing the unlinked Event Instance.
- Select the Green Relink button to force the value to match the Event Template. Any value or field that is seen as an exception will display this button on the right-hand side.
- Alternatively, the Relink All button at the top of the screen will find all exceptions for this Event Instance and relink them all in one action.
- Select the Update button when finished to save and publish your changes.